Commercial Combined Insurance

Why is commercial combined insurance important to businesses?

Packaging both your liability insurance and property insurance can save your business time and money. One insurer can potentially meet your needs with a commercial combined insurance policy that offers protection against a wide range of workplace risks.

 Commercial Combined Insurance Policy from the Willis Towers Watson Network

How to compare commercial combined insurance for your workplace?

As a Willis Towers Watson Network Broker, we work with a wide range of insurers that have a commercial combined insurance product. We can assist with arranging a number of policy covers under a package  policy that meets your insurance needs at work. Below we explain how a commercial combined insurance policy can protect your business from a range of property damage and liability claims.

 AIG Business Combined Insurance Brand
 Allianz Business Combined Insurance Brand
 Arch Business Combined Insurance Brand
 AXA Business Combined Insurance Brand
 Chubb Business Combined Insurance Brand
 QBE Business Combined Insurance Brand
 Travelers Business Combined Insurance Brand
 Zurich Business Combined Insurance Brand

What is commercial combined insurance?

Commercial combined insurance is a flexible policy with a variety of different covers that can be tailored to the requirements of a wide range of business activities, otherwise known as business combined insurance, or combined commercial insurance.

There are many different workplaces which can benefit from combined liability and property business insurance, including but not limited to manufacturers, distributors, warehouses and wholesalers.

The policies are designed to provide a wide range of property and liability insurance covers. While commercial combined business insurance is a standard policy, it provides the flexibility to be tailored to your individual needs.

 What is commercial combined insurance?

What are the benefits of combining your commercial insurance covers?

Cost savings can be made by combing your insurance cover under one flexible and tailored commercial combined policy. The cover you need to help protect your business will be unique to your workplace, however it will typically will include, public liability, product liability, employers’ liability, buildings, stock, business equipment, plant, machinery, business interruption, personal accident, and legal expenses.

 Flexible coverage

1. Flexible coverage

All covers can be added and removed such as money insurance, stock in transit, loss of licence, and deterioration of stock.

 Tailored policy

2. Tailored policy

Commercial combined insurance is available to help specialist industries which have unique risks and need a tailored policy.

 Cost savings

3. Cost savings

By packaging these covers together under one policy, cost savings can be made when buying your business combined insurance.

Looking for commercial combined insurance? Talk with one of our experts about your business needs

Small business quotes can start at £321 per year for basic liability and property covers

What can a commercial combined insurance policy cover?

There are a wide variety of covers available under commercial combined insurance policies. Which covers you decide to purchase under will depend on several factors. Even companies operating in the same sector are likely to have different business models, processes, machinery, staff numbers, therefore commercial insurance requirements.

Property damage

Property damage insurance, otherwise known as material damage, will help cover your company's buildings and contents against loss or damage from a range of insured perils. Examples of such perils include fire, theft, accidental damage, storm, flood, escape of water, impact, explosion and riot.

Business interruption

Business interruption insurance will cover the loss of income from being unable to trade because of an insured event. Covering the consequential loss of the interruption to trade by indemnifying against for the loss of income as a result of the insured peril.

Stock in transit

Stock in transit insurance will help protect against damage to property (i.e. merchandise, goods and tools) in transit by vehicles owned by or operated by you, or the custody or control of a third-party carrier. The insurance will cover the insured value of such property.

How much does commercial combined insurance cost?

Economies of scale means that insurers can offer more favourable rates when calculating your commercial combined insurance cost. Every business should consider a combination of insurance covers to protect their financial interests and meet their legal obligations.

Does your business need commercial combined insurance? We have a simple and quick process to compare quotes from the leading providers. Undertaking a regular review is prudent to ensure you continue to buy the most cost-effective policy that meet your needs.

By packaging the necessary covers under one policy your company can achieve cost savings. Below we identify a number of policies typically purchased in conjunction, to ensure the business and directors are covered in a variety of different situations. 


Which industries need commercial combined business insurance?

There are many different industries which should consider commercial combined business insurance because it offers a cost-effective means to purchase several different covers under one specialist tailored policy. We are here to help guide your business through the different types of commercial insurance to meet your unique needs.

Protect your company against significant financial losses with affordable commercial combined insurance

We work with small and medium sized businesses with a turnover up to £100 million

What does commercial combined insurance not cover?

Commercial combined insurance is typically combined with other policies to ensure no gaps in protection. We recommend that all businesses should consider whether D&O insurance, fleet insurance and cyber insurance. It is prudent and cost-effective to arrange protection against events that could have serious financial consequences.

Frequently asked questions

Should we tailor our commercial combined covers?

Tailoring cover under a commercial combined insurance policy is important because of the number of different options available. You don't want to be paying for covers you don't require, neither do you want to be underinsured against future claims.

How do insurers calculate your commercial combined premium?

Your turnover, percentage split from different territories, number of employees and wage roll, in addition to the goods you are working with, will all be considered when calculating your commercial combined insurance cost.

Does commercial combined insurance have different names?

There are many different names available for policies which seek to combined covers under one product, these include: business combined, complete business, masterpackage, commercial guard, to name a few.

As a factory do we need commercial combined insurance?

Any commercial enterprise that owns a building or group of buildings with facilities for the manufacture of goods will need to consider insuring those buildings, in addition to the potential liabilities and damage to the goods being produced, should consider commercial combined insurance.

How to compare commercial combined insurance quotes?

Comparing commercial combined insurance quotes can seem like a challenging task. We work with several specialist insurers to provide flexible and tailored cover to meet your business needs.

Do we need to use an insurance broker?

The vast majority of commercial combined insurers will only deal with insurance brokers which act on your behalf in securing the best available cover to meet your business needs.

What is engineering inspection insurance?

Engineering inspection insurance will offer a periodic inspection of machinery, appliances and equipment stated in the commercial combined insurance schedule. In addition to offering a written report to meet the legal statutory regulations, if required.

What is deterioration of stock insurance?

Deterioration of stock insurance will protect your company against damage to property, being stock in any cold chamber, by deterioration or putrefaction in consequence of an insured event. The insurance will cover the insured value of such property.

What is loss of licence insurance?

Loss of licence insurance will protect your company against the licence for the sale of excisable liquors being forfeited, suspended or withdrawn. The insurance can provide cover for loss of gross income, depreciation in the value of the premises and expenses.

Do you have a commercial combined proposal to complete?

We recommend you complete our digital onboarding process first, then we can send you a proposal form if required, to solicit quotes from the market.

Related articles and guides

Product Recall1.jpg
Product Recall Guide

Often, the most challenging and expensive part of a recall is keeping the business operational while facing intense public and regulatory scrutiny.

Managing health and safety risks-min.jpg
Health and Safety Insurance Risk - how to protect your business?

There were 693,000 non-fatal injuries to workers reported in 2019/20, with slips and trips accounting for nearly one third of all incidents.